If you’re curious about lip injections with dermal fillers at our Omaha practice, you’re not alone. The treatment is growing in popularity as more people discover its dramatic effects and short recovery time. Before you visit us for your first appointment, however, there are a few things you should know. Preparation is key when it comes to getting great results, and you can take an active role in exactly that.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss a few things you should do—and not do—to get the most out of your lip injections experience.
Our team makes every effort to keep your lip injections appointment comfortable, brief, and highly rewarding. You can do the same by taking these key steps:
- Stop taking certain medications. Some drugs and supplements, such as ibuprofen, aspirin, and vitamin E, may increase your chances of bleeding or bruising. Avoiding these will lower your risk. (If you do experience redness, swelling, or bruising, you can gently apply an ice pack to reduce it.)
- Ask about vitamin K cream and oral arnica. These products support a speedy healing process, and we provide them at our practice. We also offer laser treatments designed to encourage healing in the area.
- Ask questions. Be honest about your goals and ask any questions you may have at your consultation. This helps your provider create the results you want and keeps you feeling calm and secure during the appointment.
- Choose a qualified, safe practice. Only opt for injections performed by a credentialed professional, and feel free to ask about the practice’s qualifications before moving forward with any treatment.
To have the best possible lip injection experience, you should not:
- Drink alcohol the night before. This will increase your risk of bleeding or bruising.
- Massage or press on your lips after your injections. Putting pressure on your lips can cause the filler to shift, altering your results.
- Search for bargains that may be unsafe. To learn more about what you should look for in a product and what you should avoid, please see our previous blog post.
- Ignore any lumps that form. In rare cases, you may notice small, hard lumps forming under the skin. This is the filler collecting in one small area. If you experience this, call us. We’ll take a closer look and provide solutions as necessary.
Of course, we’ll discuss everything you need to know in-depth when you come in for a consultation, including your different formulation options, the volume we’ll be using, pricing information, and more. We’re here to support you every step of the way, and we’re committed to helping you look and feel your absolute best.
If you would like to learn more about lip injections and dermal fillers at our Omaha practice, please contact us or call (402) 408-0017.
Leave a Reply