Age Spots, Sun Spots, & Rosacea
Very few people are graced with naturally even-toned skin, and brown or red discoloration is a common concern. At Preventative Medical Clinic, we offer a variety of treatment modalities to improve skin tone. Here, learn more about age spots, sun spots, and rosacea—and discover our skincare options in Omaha.
The incredible service you expect from Kohll’s is at the core of what we do here at Preventative Medical Clinic. When you visit us for a cosmetic or wellness appointment, you can anticipate the personal, knowledgeable care that’s been our hallmark for more than 70 years.
Request Your Appointment
What Is Rosacea?
This skin condition is characterized by redness on the cheeks, nose, chin, or forehead. It typically comes and goes. In some cases, rosacea can occur on the neck, chest, scalp, or ears. Over time, the redness tends to become ruddier and more persistent, and visible blood vessels may appear.
Rosacea can affect people of all ages, but onset usually occurs after age 30. Flare-ups are often triggered by a number of factors, including:
- Sun and wind exposure
- Hot weather
- Hot baths and showers
- Spicy food
If left untreated, rosacea can develop into bumps and pimples. Severe cases may result in a swollen and bumpy nose.
Age & Sun Spots
What Are Age Spots and Sun Spots?
Age spots are flat, brown, gray, or black spots on the skin, which are often variable in size. They usually occur on sun-exposed areas of the skin. Age spots are also
called “liver spots,” “senile lentigo,” “solar lentigines,” “hyperpigmentation,” or “sun spots.” They’re most common in adults over the age of 50.
- Treats surface skin problems, including superficial vascular and pigmented irregularities, age spots, fine lines, and broken capillaries to improve a patient’s skin color
- Reduces the signs of aging with a safe and effective 20-minute procedure
- No downtime makes it perfect for lunch breaks
- Treatment leads to continued effects over time
An innovative fractional skin resurfacing procedure, Opus Plasma:
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and loose and saggy skin
- Accomplishes overall skin rejuvenation
- Minimizes acne scars, surgical scars, and stretch mark
Using Advanced Fluorescence Technology, the versatile Harmony LITE platform offers several benefits with little to no downtime, including:
- Minimizing red and brown spots
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Treating melasma
- Helps correct the appearance of age and sun spots for a healthier, more even skin tone
- Can be custom compounded with a valid prescription
- Improve the appearance of age spots by using a chemical solution to remove the outer layer of old skin. The new skin that replaces it is usually smoother and less wrinkled in appearance, giving you a healthy, “just refreshed” look
- Can be aggressive, taking years off your appearance
- Can correct rough, scaly patches on the skin from years of exposure to the sun
This innovative, non-ablative laser skin resurfacing system gently minimizes the appearance of age spots, sunspots, and rosacea, without damaging the external skin. Our providers customize the intensity level of the treatment to meet your specific needs. Many patients don’t require any downtime and can return to work or normal daily activities after a 20-minute treatment.
An automated treatment that can reduce the look of the following:
- Hyperpigmentation caused by sun overexposure
- Pigmented areas of skin, including melasma and age spots
- Fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, and other visible signs of aging
- Sagging or thinning skin
Let’s work together to even out your skin’s tone and coloration. Request your consultation online or call us at
(402) 408-0017 to book your appointment.
A Reputation Built on Results
I always feel welcome and comfortable at both of the locations. Michaela is very professional and knowledgeable....
Enjoyed my experience! Torrie was my nurse, she has a great bedside manner and very knowledgeable. Thank...