Varicose Veins & Spider Veins
Typically appearing on the legs, visible veins can be embarrassing and difficult to conceal—especially in warm weather. At Preventative Medical Clinic, we offer a variety of solutions, including sclerotherapy and laser vein treatment, to help Omaha men and women vanquish unwanted veins once and for all!
The incredible service you expect from Kohll’s is at the core of what we do here at Preventative Medical Clinic. When you visit us for a cosmetic or wellness appointment, you can anticipate the personal, knowledgeable care that’s been our hallmark for more than 70 years.
Request Your Appointment
What Can Be Treated?
- A common problem that affects millions of individuals—with women being more likely affected than men.
- Large, raised, swollen blood vessels that twist and turn.
- Smaller than varicose veins.
- Red, purple, and blue vessels that also twist and turn.
- Easily visible through the skin.
- Typically visible on the legs and face.
Purple skin pigment
- Usually caused by poor circulation and skin inflammation that develops with poor circulation.
- Most often occurs in the lower legs, but can be on the face as well.
- Caused by prolonged periods of standing or sitting, trauma, weight gain, pregnancy, heredity, and hormonal changes.
- Wounds may occur because of improper functioning of venous valves.
- One of the most requested aesthetic procedures.
- Using a combination of therapies, our practitioners can safely and effectively treat both superficial and deep spider veins and varicose veins—as well as hemosiderin staining (brown, yellow, or black pigmentation).
- Vessels can be selectively heated and collapsed without damaging the surrounding healthy tissue, thanks to selective photo thermolysis.
- Minimal risk of side effects.
- No need for injections.
- Because treatment often requires multiple wavelengths, our laser puts this at the fingertips of the practitioner.
- A time-tested medical procedure that eliminates varicose veins and spider veins.
- Involves an injection of a solution directly into the vein, which irritates the lining of the blood vessel, causing the blood to clot. Over time, the vessel turns into scar tissue and fades from view.
- Minimally invasive.
- Patients may experience some short-lived, mild discomfort as a result of the injections.
Anyone’s legs can feel better while wearing gradient compression stockings, especially those of us who spend too much time in sedentary sitting or standing positions.
- Available at Kohll’s Pharmacy in below-the-knee, above-the-knee, and pantyhose styles
- Can be measured for your particular size
- May be covered by insurance
Compression stockings work by applying graduated pressure along the legs. In other words, compression stockings are tighter at the ankle and decrease in pressure as you move up the leg.
- This compression of the surface arteries, veins, and muscles improves blood circulation.
- Increased blood flow can help relieve many different medical conditions.
The most conservative approach is simply to wear properly-fitting support hose, especially when the veins cause painful or uncomfortable symptoms.
Ready to start looking your best? Request your appointment online or call us at
(402) 408-0017 to set up your visit.
A Reputation Built on Results
I always feel welcome and comfortable at both of the locations. Michaela is very professional and knowledgeable....
Enjoyed my experience! Torrie was my nurse, she has a great bedside manner and very knowledgeable. Thank...