Hormones function as the “mission control” of the human body, dictating so many of the physical changes we experience throughout our lives. As hormonal levels shift, so do our appearances, moods, and more. And it’s not just aging—hormones can become unbalanced as the result of stress, surgery, lack of sleep, an unhealthy diet, and more. The team at Preventative Medical Clinic specializes in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) to help people from Omaha, Bellevue, and Lincoln, NE, and nearby areas rebalance their hormones and feel better than they have in years.
Download the Complete Guide to BHRT eGuide
What Is Bioidentical Hormone Therapy?
BHRT is a protocol that uses exogenous bioidentical hormones to balance the levels in the body. Hormones that are commonly affected by aging and stress include estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and growth hormone—all naturally present in both men and women. Fluctuating levels of these hormones can lead to unpleasant physical symptoms, including the following:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Vaginal dryness
- Reduced libido
- Painful intercourse
- Sleep disturbances
- Loss of muscle mass
- Weight gain
- “Brain fog” or unfocused thoughts
- Memory loss
Want our monthly specials? Subscribe today!
Bioidentical vs. Synthetic
Both bioidentical hormones and synthetic hormones are used in hormone therapy. However, we only use bioidentical products at PMC. These naturally derived products are more easily metabolized by the body, and they can be better matched to the individual’s needs. These high-quality products are administered in 1 of the following ways, depending on your needs:
- Pellets, which are inserted just beneath the skin several times per year
- Transdermal cream, which is prescribed to use at home
- Sublingual troches, a lozenge that dissolves beneath the tongue
- Injections: Self-administered in the thigh after training from one of our health care providers
Your Complete Informational Guide to BHRT
Download a free copy of this eGuide to learn how BHRT can help men and women.
The Preventative Medical Clinic Difference
At PMC, we custom-tailor your BHRT treatment based on your body’s unique chemistry. And we guide you through the experience for the duration. Here’s what you can expect:
- Treatment by a highly trained bioidentical hormone practitioner
- A comprehensive review of symptoms and medical history
- Laboratory analysis of your saliva, urine, or blood
- Ongoing evaluations
- Medication compounded locally by an accredited pharmacy
- Highest-quality supplements
- Nutrition planning
- Stress reduction plans
The incredible service you expect from Kohll’s is at the core of what we do here at Preventative Medical Clinic. When you visit us for a cosmetic or wellness appointment, you can anticipate the personal, knowledgeable care that’s been our hallmark for more than 70 years.
Request Your Appointment
Enjoy great savings and promotions on some of our most popular products and services. Each month, we feature a new set of specials to help you get the utmost from your visit.
- For Men | Male growth hormones begin diminishing after about age 20, leading to loss of muscle mass, reduced sex drive, and mood swings. BHRT for men replenishes these hormones to improve the way you look and feel.
- For Women | BHRT for women can reduce the symptoms of perimenopause, menopause, and even PMS. We can help improve your libido, reduce weight gain, improve your sleep quality, and more.
The possibilities of hormone replacement therapy are almost endless. Learn more when you request your consultation online or call us at
A Reputation Built on Results
I get Botox injections from Michaela about every 4 months and have so several times and I am ALWAYS...
The entire team is so helpful & knowledgeable! Torrie has been doing my tattoo removal & Botox & I could...
Friendly professional the clinic is clean
The best experience with Tori! Thanks for all your help!
Hormone Therapy Blog Posts
Low testosterone is often an age-related hormonal imbalance. Sometimes referred to as “low T,” it can zap your energy, affect …
Entering menopause can be a stressful, uncomfortable experience. Mood swings and low energy levels may add unneeded stress to your …
Memory loss, weight changes, and low energy levels are commonly chalked up to the aging process and generally deemed inevitable. …