Memory loss, weight changes, and low energy levels are commonly chalked up to the aging process and generally deemed inevitable. Thankfully, this isn’t necessarily the case. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) at our Omaha practice can help both men and women offset some of these symptoms and maintain a young, sharp, mind and strong body.
In this blog post, we’re looking at 7 of the most prevalent aging symptoms you didn’t know BHRT could delay, prevent, or reverse.
Common Hormone-Related Problems
- Memory loss and brain fog: These symptoms are commonly attributed to the aging process, but they’re often caused by hormonal changes. Regulating your hormone levels can improve your cognitive function, making you feel sharper and more aware.
- Hot flashes and night sweats: These temperature changes commonly indicate hormonal imbalances related to menopause. Many women believe menopausal effects are inevitable, but hormone therapy for women can soften the blow and make the experience more tolerable.
- Loss of muscle mass: Low testosterone in men caused by andropause often leads to muscle loss and weakness. Diet changes and more time spent in the gym aren’t always enough to combat this, but hormone therapy for men can help restore strength and vigor.
- Moodiness: Hormones are closely connected to mood changes, and imbalances often result in unpredictable emotions. If you’re experiencing low moods or irritability along with other aging symptoms, it may be hormone-related and manageable with therapy.
- Weight gain: Weight regulation and body composition are both influenced by hormone levels. Checking that levels are regulated is one of the key steps we take in helping men and women maintain a healthy weight.
- Fatigue and insomnia: Low energy during the day and difficulty sleeping at night are very common signs of fluctuating hormones. Hormone therapy can improve your sleep schedule, which may have positive effects on weight stability, mood, and other factors.
- Reduced libido: Depleting levels of testosterone and other hormones can negatively affect sexual function. Maintaining the right balance can help.
To learn about even more concerns BHRT can solve, check out our previous blog post.
How BHRT Works
Bioidentical hormones are compounds derived from plants that mimic the chemical structure and effects of naturally occurring hormones in our bodies. When delivered in the right doses, they play the same role hormones do in regulating the body’s functions, boosting vitality, and maintaining a strong and healthy system.
There are 3 ways we deliver hormones to your bloodstream:
- Pellets: Placed underneath the skin
- Transdermal cream: Applied topically
- Sublingual troches: Dissolved under the tongue
Each of these methods delivers a custom mix of hormones to your body. When you meet with us to discuss your goals for treatment, we’ll offer recommendations for the best approach for your anatomy and lifestyle.
Our team is eager to help you restore your younger, more vibrant self. If you would like to learn more about bioidentical hormone replacement therapy at our Omaha practice, please contact us using the online form or call (402) 408-0017.